Friday, March 25, 2011

Food love



I am a food magnet at work. People are always giving me food… and it’s not food I can turn down without seeming rude. Like Joe, the super sweet old man in the copy room (who whistles while he works, Im not kidding) who gave me my absolute favorite kind of donut this morning out of nowhere, or Sherry who gave me a pink almond flavored Busken bakery heart cookie because she said I looked stressed out all week and wanted to make me smile. These aren’t people I can say no to! It’s as if I’m obligated to absorb their kindness through my stomach. After getting the cookie (and eating it and loving it) I texted David and fake complained by saying ”why are people always forcing food on me?!

His answer: Cause they plan on eating you.

Thank you husband, for bringing the real.

No comments: