Sunday, March 2, 2008

Rain

True fact, when it rains it pours. Fittingly, or ironically, Im writing this in the middle of the thunderstorm thats been dumping on Cincinnati since 1:31 AM, the exact time that I was woken up by the nearby servere weather sirens. Im not kidding, the sirens are about a block from my apartment and they sound way more like air raid sirens. My cat, catching up on his beauty sleep, slept through them. Ive been having a round of bad luck - whatever you want to call it, Ive had it. Relational spats (which have been patched), hearing from my advisor that I have to not only take math for the next year, but I have to take 2 quarters of makeup math before I can enroll in actual math (what the hell is actual math?), my nice and expensive green glasses being stolen practically from off my nose, the tidalwave of homework from professors who I think truely believe their class is the only one that youre taking and that matters, and the near end of my work study financial aid money thats been keeping me afloat. Oh, and my new umbrella I bought on campus today (go UC) broke almost 20 minutes after I bought it with my dwindling supply of pocket cash. Such a sob story! Im usually good at handling stress and taking things in stride, but this month its hitting me harder.

But, the sun is out now, literally, at least for a little while. I have nice cup of coffee in front of me, and writing always helps me to release stress. Optimism is good for your health says my psychology professor, so maybe I should start practicing it a little more.

3 comments:

andrea said...

actual math, huh? screw 'em. the world doesn't operate off of 'actual math.'
i was going to ask if you punched the person who stole the glasses off your nose...but then again...you probably couldn't see to know where to punch.

don't forget to smile, girl...it's temporary:)

love you!
a

brk said...

and also, if you punched the person who stole your glasses in the face...you might break your glasses.


funny how that works out.

Julia said...

ooh, thats a good point :)